- That a doctoral student takes time off from their research:-
- Because they need to focus on external things pertaining to their career or social life- which at that stage of their life are much more important (than analyzing data or writing papers)
- Because they are between a rock and a hard place, and fear sharing with the rest of the world
- They are on holiday- which is rare!
- And they may actually spend the time writing, and the outcome of this hiding will be some conference papers or published articles
- Or they may come back completely having lost it
- Perhaps, they might also be stuck with data analysis, or the conceptual framework, which can be a headache!
|At the World Parks Congress, 2014 with CEC colleagues|